A hearty variation on the traditional green bean casserole that can be used as a main dish or a side.
- 1 (16 ounce) package pork sausage
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans
- 1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 Crumble the pork sausage into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Drain grease, and set aside.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3 In a large bowl, stir together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper. Mix in the sausage, then add the green beans, and stir until evenly coated. Pour half of the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the fried onions. Spread remaining green bean mixture over the onions.
- 4 Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the rest of the fried onions over the top. Return to the oven for 5 to 10 more minutes, or until the onions are toasty, and green beans are cooked to your desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories 419.5
- Carbohydrate 19 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Fat 33 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Sodium 1081.7 mg
- Sugar 5.5 g