Once you’ve had one, you’ll want another. The recipe is a little different from most burrito recipes, but I’ve had many, many requests for it. Serve these with sour cream, chopped green onions, and salsa.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Heat oil in a medium skillet and saute onion and garlic until soft. Mash beans into the onion mixture. Gradually stir in water; heat until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce, chili powder, mustard, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- 3 Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas; top with cheese. Fold tortillas burrito-style around the fillings and place on a baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until warmed through, about 12 minutes.
- Calories 504.6
- Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Fat 8.5 g
- Fiber 13.4 g
- Protein 20 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Sodium 1028.5 mg
- Sugar 5.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.