Fresh baby spinach, marinara, mozzarella, and cooked chicken breast are stuffed in this air-fried calzone. Serve with more marinara sauce for dipping.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup low-sodium marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 6 ounces prepared pizza dough
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- 1 Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in spinach; cover and cook until wilted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in marinara and chicken.
- 2 Preheat an air fryer to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 3 Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece on a lightly floured work surface into a 6-inch circle. Spread 1/4 of the spinach mixture over the bottom half of each dough circle. Top each with 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling to form half-moons and crimp edges to seal. Coat well with cooking spray.
- 4 Transfer calzone to the air fryer basket. Cook for 8 minutes. Turn calzone over; cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes more.
- Calories 397.1
- Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Cholesterol 29 mg
- Fat 11.9 g
- Fiber 3.5 g
- Protein 21 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Sodium 924.6 mg
- Sugar 9.2 g