Traditional meatloaf is modernized in this easy Italian-inspired recipe–it’s served in mini, single-sized loaves, stuffed with mozzarella and pepperoni, and air-fried, not baked!
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons purchased basil pesto
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup Italian-seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 2 ounces small fresh mozzarella balls (such as BelGioioso®)
- ½ cup marinara sauce, warmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or to taste
- 1 Combine milk, pesto, egg, garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add ground beef and bread crumbs and combine, being careful not to overmix.
- 2 Divide meat mixture into 4 portions. Press a well into each portion, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Place 2 slices pepperoni into each well, overlapping to cover the length of the well. Top each with 1/4 of the mozzarella balls. Press meat mixture around the filling to enclose; form each portion into an oblong loaf shape. Place loaves into the air fryer basket, in batches.
- 3 Cook in the air fryer at 370 degrees F (190 degrees C) until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the meat reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 15 minutes. Serve meatloaves topped with warm marinara sauce and fresh basil.
- Calories 335.9
- Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 135 mg
- Fat 16.7 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7 g
- Sodium 410.9 mg
- Sugar 3.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.