Tender, flavorful shrimp with a slightly caramelized outside and a wonderful coating of tart/creamy/herbal cilantro-lime butter. The warmed flour tortillas are hefty enough to hold the filling without tearing, but if people prefer corn tortillas, they will need two so the filling doesn’t make the tortilla tear. Serve tacos with lime wedges.
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup pepitas (roasted green pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- ¼ cup lime juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided, or to taste
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- ¾ cup crumbled queso fresco
- 3 medium avocados - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 Combine cabbage, bell peppers, pepitas, lime and 1 tablespoon of the cilantro in a large bowl.
- 2 Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a small bowl with a whisk. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- 3 Preheat an air fryer to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions for 10 minutes.
- 4 Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and place in a medium bowl with remaining tablespoon olive oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and pepper; toss to coat shrimp evenly with oil and spices.
- 5 Place shrimp in the preheated basket of the air fryer and cook until shrimp are opaque and lightly golden browned on outside, 8 to 9 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking time.
- 6 When shrimp are finished cooking, immediately transfer to a serving bowl with the butter, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, lime zest, and remaining tablespoon of cilantro; toss to melt butter and coat shrimp.
- 7 To serve, place 4 to 5 shrimp in each warmed tortilla, spoon 1/4 cup slaw on shrimp, and top with a pinch of queso fresco and avocado slices.
- Calories 651.5
- Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Cholesterol 192.7 mg
- Fat 36.7 g
- Fiber 10.9 g
- Protein 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9 g
- Sodium 906.1 mg
- Sugar 6.2 g