This is a creamy, fruity, heavenly dessert. I’ve been told it’s like super-charged strawberry shortcake!
- 3 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 (3.3 ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (6 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut-flavored rum, or to taste, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) prepared pound cakes, cubed
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, or as needed
- 1 In a bowl, sprinkle the strawberries with sugar; stir to distribute the sugar, and set aside. Chill a large metal mixing bowl and beaters from an electric mixer.
- 2 Pour the cream into the chilled mixing bowl, and add white chocolate pudding mix, lemon yogurt, and about 1 tablespoon of coconut rum, if desired; beat until fluffy with an electric mixer set on Medium speed.
- 3 Spread a layer of pound cake cubes into the bottom of a glass 10x15-inch baking dish, and sprinkle the cubes with another tablespoon of coconut rum. Cover the pound cake with a layer of strawberries; sprinkle blueberries over the strawberries. Spread a thick layer of whipped cream over the berries. Repeat the layers several times, ending with a layer of strawberries sprinkled with blueberries and reserving about 1 cup of whipped cream; top the trifle with dollops of whipped cream to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Calories 537.3
- Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Cholesterol 221.4 mg
- Fat 36.1 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Sugar 31 g