Crescent shaped cookie with one half dipped in chocolate.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground blanched almonds
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Mix together shortening and confectioner's sugar and water. Stir in flour, salt, vanilla and almonds. Mix well.
- 2 Form dough with hands into 3 inch lengths about pencil thin.
- 3 Bake on ungreased sheet in a preheated 300 degrees F oven (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- 4 While cookies cool, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl in the microwave. When cookies are completely cool, dip one half in melted chocolate.
- Calories 62.7
- Carbohydrate 5 g
- Fat 4.6 g
- Fiber 0.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sodium 9 mg
- Sugar 1.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.