This is not your traditional horchata recipe by any means. Our family was craving horchata so I searched this site for recipes but they were all so labor intensive. I was inspired to create an easy version and I think I succeeded. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It’s like heaven in a glass – so sweet and creamy that it could even be served as a dessert! This is more of a Spanish version with the almond flavoring. K
- 1 quart unsweetened rice milk
- 1 quart unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Mix rice milk, almond milk, and condensed milk together in a gallon jug. Add vanilla and almond extracts and mix again. Pour about 2 cups into a bowl; add cinnamon and whisk well until mostly combined.
- 2 Pour cinnamon mixture back into the jug and stir to combine. Add cinnamon sticks and refrigerate for at least 4 hours; overnight is best. Stir before serving over ice.
- Calories 188.8
- Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Fat 4.3 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Sodium 84.6 mg
- Sugar 21.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.