Perfect for Easter, this Italian almond ricotta cake is made with almond flour and ricotta and is naturally gluten free.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 9 ounces ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper.
- 2 Combine butter and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix until well combined. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3 Fold in almond flour and ricotta cheese with a silicone spatula.
- 4 Wash and dry the beaters and beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Fold stiff egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- 5 Bake on the center rake of the preheated oven until edges of the cake are lightly browned, about 50 minutes. Cake will still be a little wobbly in the middle.
- 6 Remove from the oven and let the cake to cool completely in the pan before transferring to a cake platter, about 1 hour. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- Calories 396.8
- Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Fat 26.8 g
- Fiber 3.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Sodium 61.5 mg
- Sugar 23.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.