A gourmet twist on Potatoes Au Gratin with caramelized onions and fresh herbs. Great for brunches and potlucks.
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 6 large Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and sliced with peel
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Place onion, butter and brown sugar into a large skillet over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have caramelized, about 45 minutes.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3 Place a single layer of potato slices in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Cover with a thin layer of onions. Drizzle some of the cream, and sprinkle some of the rosemary over the layer. Repeat layers four times ending with onions, cream and rosemary.
- 4 Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until top potatoes are golden brown and sauce is bubbling.
- Calories 475.3
- Carbohydrate 48 g
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Fat 30.3 g
- Fiber 4.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Sodium 140.4 mg
- Sugar 8.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.