This recipe makes moist and tender turkey thighs the whole family will love.
- 1 large heat-resistant nylon oven bag (such as Reynolds® Oven Bags)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 turkey thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sprinkle flour into oven bag and place it in a 9x11-inch pan.
- 2 Spread onion, celery, and carrot pieces on the bottom of the bag. Rinse turkey thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Rub olive oil under the skin and on the outside of the thighs.
- 3 Sprinkle seasoned salt liberally on turkey thighs and rub it under the skin (see Cook's Note). Arrange thighs on top of vegetables. Close the bag with the tie. Make six slits in the top of the bag with a sharp paring knife. Place pan in the oven, making sure oven bag does not touch top heating element.
- 4 Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh meat reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour.
- Calories 505.6
- Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.3 mg
- Fat 17.4 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Protein 73.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Sodium 693.4 mg
- Sugar 3.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.