- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In1h 10m
American Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious American Breakfast Casserole for 12 servings:
- 1 (1 pound) package bacon, diced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, or to taste (optional)
American Breakfast Casserole Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook American Breakfast Casserole, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this American Breakfast Casserole is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your American Breakfast Casserole within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook American Breakfast Casserole easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Cook and stir bacon and onion in a skillet over medium heat until the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain grease, reserving the drippings.
- 3 Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with the reserved bacon grease.
- 4 Combine the cooked bacon and onion, eggs, hash brown potatoes, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, bell pepper, and green chilies in the prepared baking dish; stir to combine.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven until the eggs are set firm, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 6 Let casserole cool 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also bake this in 9x9-inch baking dish and any remainder in greased foil-lined muffin tins.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 20.9 grams of fat; 10.2 grams of carbohydrates; 19.6 grams of protein; 117 milligrams of cholesterol; 696 milligrams of sodium.