- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In1h 10m
Meat, potato, and cheese breakfast casserole. Serve for breakfast for dinner or Sunday brunch with mimosas and coffee. Try mozzarella or pepper jack cheese in place of the Cheddar, or colby-jack in place of the Swiss for variations.
American Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious American Breakfast Casserole for 12 servings:
- 1 (1 pound) package bacon, diced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, or to taste (optional)
American Breakfast Casserole Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook American Breakfast Casserole, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this American Breakfast Casserole is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your American Breakfast Casserole within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook American Breakfast Casserole easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Cook and stir bacon and onion in a skillet over medium heat until the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain grease, reserving the drippings.
- 3 Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with the reserved bacon grease.
- 4 Combine the cooked bacon and onion, eggs, hash brown potatoes, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, bell pepper, and green chilies in the prepared baking dish; stir to combine.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven until the eggs are set firm, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 6 Let casserole cool 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also bake this in 9x9-inch baking dish and any remainder in greased foil-lined muffin tins.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 20.9 grams of fat; 10.2 grams of carbohydrates; 19.6 grams of protein; 117 milligrams of cholesterol; 696 milligrams of sodium.