This Amish egg casserole is a hearty way to start the day!
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2 Place bacon and onion into a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until bacon is evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard excess grease.
- 3 Combine eggs, hash brown potatoes, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, and Swiss cheese in a bowl; stir in bacon-onion mixture. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- 4 Bake, uncovered, until set and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Calories 443.8
- Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Fat 32.3 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Sodium 886.7 mg
- Sugar 1.4 g