A fantastic blend of fruit and feta cheese tops off this tossed salad, making it perfect for summer barbeques!
- 3 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup balsamic vinaigrette, or to taste
- 1 Place the chicken breasts and Italian dressing into a resealable plastic bag. Mix together to coat the chicken with the dressing, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 2 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- 3 Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center, or to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool while preparing the ingredients for salad, then dice.
- 4 Toss the diced apple with the lemon juice in a large mixing bowl until well coated; drain and discard any excess lemon juice. Place the lettuce into the mixing bowl, then sprinkle with the diced chicken, avocado, feta cheese, strawberries, and cranberries. Gently toss the salad with the balsamic vinaigrette, and serve immediately.
- Calories 495.7
- Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Fat 31.4 g
- Fiber 5.7 g
- Protein 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Sodium 1258.4 mg
- Sugar 23.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.