- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In3h
Angel’s Old Fashioned Beef Stew Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Angel’s Old Fashioned Beef Stew for 12 servings:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds beef chuck, cubed
- 12 small boiling onions
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Angel’s Old Fashioned Beef Stew Cooking Instructions
- Ready In3h
To cook Angel’s Old Fashioned Beef Stew, you need about 1 hour of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Angel’s Old Fashioned Beef Stew is about 2 hours , and you can serve your Angel’s Old Fashioned Beef Stew within 3 hours . The following are the steps to cook Angel’s Old Fashioned Beef Stew easily:
- 1 In a large pot heat oil over medium high heat. In a resealable plastic bag mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add a small handful of meat at a time and shake until well coated; brown in hot oil, about 1 minute per side. Remove the browned meat and continue until all the meat is browned.
- 2 Lower heat to medium and add onions. Brown onions on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, then remove from pot and set aside. Drain excess fat from pot.
- 3 To pot add potatoes, carrots, celery, reserved onions, browned meat and broth. Stir all together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4 For a thicker broth: 1/2 hour before stew is done, combine 3 tablespoons flour and water in a small bowl and mix well, then slowly stir mixture into stew.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 19.6 grams of fat; 25.7 grams of carbohydrates; 16.9 grams of protein; 54 milligrams of cholesterol; 520 milligrams of sodium.