- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In1h 10m
Anise Walnut Biscotti Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Anise Walnut Biscotti for 60 servings:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 eggs
- 7 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 3 teaspoons anise seed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
Anise Walnut Biscotti Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Anise Walnut Biscotti, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Anise Walnut Biscotti is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Anise Walnut Biscotti within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Anise Walnut Biscotti easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C ).
- 2 In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar Gradually add the vanilla and eggs while mixing. Sift together the flour and baking powder; stir into the egg mixture. For plain biscotti, do not add anything else (see Cook's Note). Stir in the anise extract and anise seed. Add walnuts if desired.
- 3 Wet or grease your hands and shape dough out into 4 logs as long as your baking sheet will allow. Pat each one to about 3/4 inch in height, and 3 inches wide. Brush with beaten egg yolks.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Slice logs at an angle, cutting pieces into 1/2 to 3/4-inch wide cookies. Place slices back onto the cookie sheet, standing upright, if possible; leave a gap between the slices. Return to the oven and bake until cookies are dry and lightly toasted, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- For plain biscotti, omit all of the flavorings. For walnut cookies, omit the anise seed and extract.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 5.3 grams of fat; 21.6 grams of carbohydrates; 3 grams of protein; 40 milligrams of cholesterol; 89 milligrams of sodium.