- Published Jun 1st
- Ready In1h 20m
Anne’s Chicken Chilaquiles Rojas Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Anne’s Chicken Chilaquiles Rojas for 10 servings:
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 dash roasted ground cumin
- 1 dash dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 5 ounces crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 whole cooked chicken, deboned and shredded
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream, divided
Anne’s Chicken Chilaquiles Rojas Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Anne’s Chicken Chilaquiles Rojas, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Anne’s Chicken Chilaquiles Rojas is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Anne’s Chicken Chilaquiles Rojas within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Anne’s Chicken Chilaquiles Rojas easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large (10x15-inch) casserole dish.
- 2 Combine drained tomatoes and chipotle chiles in adobo in a blender and puree until smooth.
- 3 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in hot oil until brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more. Add pureed tomato-chile sauce and simmer until mixture starts to thicken. Pour in chicken broth and stir in cumin, oregano, and salt; let simmer until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- 4 Mix tortilla chips and tomato-chile sauce, folding carefully to cover chips completely. You may have to do this in 2 batches.
- 5 Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with half of the chip/sauce mixture. Sprinkle a layer of Mexican cheese and cotija cheese over top. Add shredded chicken to cover all of the chips and cheese. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with 1/2 of the green onions and 1/2 of the cilantro. Spoon 3/4 of the sour cream evenly over top. Spread with the remaining tortilla mixture then top with remaining Mexican and cotija cheeses. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until mixture is bubbly and cheese is melted, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, green onions, and cilantro.
Per Serving: 601 calories; 37.6 grams of fat; 37.7 grams of carbohydrates; 30.1 grams of protein; 100 milligrams of cholesterol; 900 milligrams of sodium.