- Published Mar 27th
- Ready In1h 20m
Ann’s Christmas Eve Bouillabaisse Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Ann’s Christmas Eve Bouillabaisse for 10 servings:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 2 3/4 cups dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound red snapper fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pinch saffron
- 24 sea scallops
- 30 small mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces
Ann’s Christmas Eve Bouillabaisse Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Ann’s Christmas Eve Bouillabaisse, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Ann’s Christmas Eve Bouillabaisse is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Ann’s Christmas Eve Bouillabaisse within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Ann’s Christmas Eve Bouillabaisse easily:
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the celery, garlic, leeks, thyme, and bay leaf; cook and stir until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir in the diced tomatoes, clam juice, white wine, fennel seed, salt and pepper, and parsley. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the snapper and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- 3 Gently mix in the saffron, scallops, and mussels. Cook until the scallops are no longer translucent and the mussels have opened their shells, about five minutes. Add the lobster pieces and cook until heated through, about one minute.
- 4 Ladle the bouillabaisse into serving bowls, making sure each portion contains 5 mussels, 2 to 3 sea scallops, fish, and a piece of lobster.
- Cook's Note
- I buy cooked shrimp to save time. If you want to add shrimp to your bouillabaisse, stir it into the soup just long enough to reheat.
Per Serving: 371 calories; 13.7 grams of fat; 10.1 grams of carbohydrates; 37.7 grams of protein; 92 milligrams of cholesterol; 641 milligrams of sodium.