- Published Jan 2nd
- Ready In3h 20m
Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding for 12 servings:
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 apples - peeled, cored, and grated
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding Cooking Instructions
- Cook2h 50m
- Ready In3h 20m
To cook Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding is about 2 hours 50 minutes , and you can serve your Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding within 3 hours 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding easily:
- 1 Combine the carrots, apples, raisins, and bread crumbs in a bowl. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice in a separate small bowl. Cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs in a separate large bowl; stir in the flour mixture. Add the carrot mixture and mix well. Transfer mixture to a lightly-greased, 2-quart mold.
- 2 Place a steamer rack in the bottom of a large, deep pot. Set the filled mold on top of the steamer rack. Pour enough water into the bottom of the pot to cover the bottom 2/3 of the mold. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer for 2 hours 45 minutes, adding water occasionally to maintain the water level. Remove from water and allow to cool 10 minutes before turning out of mold onto a plate.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 12.8 grams of fat; 43.6 grams of carbohydrates; 5.7 grams of protein; 89 milligrams of cholesterol; 558 milligrams of sodium.