- Published Jul 28th
- Ready In1h 20m
When I think of fall, I think of squash. And although I came up with this recipe in the middle of summer, it’s definitely a keeper! Definitely will be making this again. Would be a great side dish for Thanksgiving. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!
Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash for 12 servings:
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 large Gala apples, cubed
- 1 cup pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean®)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place acorn squash cut side down on a baking sheet.
- 2 Bake in the preheated oven until soft and browned, about 30 minutes.
- 3 Mix apples, sausage, onion, raisins, poultry seasoning, ginger, cloves, celery seed, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spoon sausage mixture into the hollow of the acorn squash; place on the baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until sausage is cooked through and apples are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Turkey sausage can be substituted for pork sausage if desired.
- Craisins® can be substituted for raisins if desired.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 2.3 grams of fat; 25 grams of carbohydrates; 2.5 grams of protein; 5 milligrams of cholesterol; 103 milligrams of sodium.