A baked apple butter made from ready-made applesauce. Spread on toast for a yummy sweet light breakfast.
- 2 (16 ounce) jars applesauce
- 2 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a 2 quart casserole combine applesauce, sugar, vinegar, cloves and cinnamon. Bake uncovered for 2 1/2 hours or until mixture is very thick. Stir occasionally during baking.
- 3 Allow to cool and place in jars or freezer containers.
- Calories 77.7
- Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Fiber 0.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
- Sodium 5.4 mg
- Sugar 19.5 g