- Published Sep 22nd
- Ready In35m
Apple Cider and Spice Pork Chops Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Apple Cider and Spice Pork Chops for 2 servings:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried sage, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (6 ounce) pork chops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons honey
Apple Cider and Spice Pork Chops Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Apple Cider and Spice Pork Chops, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Apple Cider and Spice Pork Chops is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Apple Cider and Spice Pork Chops within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Apple Cider and Spice Pork Chops easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- 2 Combine brown sugar, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Dredge pork chops in seasoning mixture until coated thoroughly.
- 3 Heat olive oil and butter in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat until butter is frothy, 1 to 2 minutes. Brown pork chops in the hot skillet on each side, 7 to 10 minutes total. Add apple cider, remaining sage, and drizzle in honey. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4 Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until pork chops are no longer pink in the centers, 10 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- 5 Remove the skillet from the oven and plate pork chops with sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- If necessary, reduce the sauce further on the stovetop until sauce is a nice glaze after plating pork chops. For a thicker glaze, carefully mix in 1 teaspoon or so of cornstarch.
Per Serving: 541 calories; 20.5 grams of fat; 50.7 grams of carbohydrates; 37.8 grams of protein; 103 milligrams of cholesterol; 175 milligrams of sodium.