A wonderful combination of apples and fresh cranberries with a crisp, pecan topping.
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking oats
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.) Butter an 8 inch square baking dish.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix together apples, cranberries, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place evenly into baking dish.
- 3 In the same bowl, combine oats, flour and brown sugar. With a fork, mix in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over apples.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until topping is golden brown, and apples are tender.
- Calories 269.3
- Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Fat 11.5 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Sodium 46.5 mg
- Sugar 32.2 g