This is a great dish for the fall. Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Newtown Pippin, Rome Beauty and/or Winesap apples may be used.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 Combine apple, cheese, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- 2 Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Divide apple mixture between chicken breasts, and roll up each breast. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3 Melt butter or margarine in a 7 inch skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add wine and 1/4 cup water. Cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 4 Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch; stir into juices in pan. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour gravy over chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve.
- Calories 139.4
- Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Fat 5.1 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 15 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 119.6 mg
- Sugar 1.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.