- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In1h
Applesauce Pork Chops Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Applesauce Pork Chops for 2 servings:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 apple - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 (1/2-inch thick) pork chops
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
Applesauce Pork Chops Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Applesauce Pork Chops, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Applesauce Pork Chops is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Applesauce Pork Chops within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Applesauce Pork Chops easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and apple slices in the melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion and apple to a bowl.
- 3 Place pork chops in the same skillet; cook over medium heat until pork chops are browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- 4 Mix applesauce, brown sugar, mustard, and cinnamon into onion and apple mixture.
- 5 Place pork chops in a 9x9-inch baking dish; season with salt and black pepper. Spoon applesauce mixture over pork chops; cover dish.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until pork chops are no longer pink in the center, about 30 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 18.2 grams of fat; 35.6 grams of carbohydrates; 24.4 grams of protein; 78 milligrams of cholesterol; 674 milligrams of sodium.