I just love a great one-pot dish that makes everyone go wow. I prepare, cook, and serve right out of my beautiful braising pan. You can also use your paella pan. Thank you to D&D Market (the new Wethersfield, CT store) for the fresh ingredients to make this great recipe. Using cauliflower as your rice makes this dish a perfect paleo side dish or main course! This is also a stove-to-table dish without any mess in 30 minutes!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 3 links sweet Italian chicken sausage, diced
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, or more to taste, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichokes, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups snow peas
- 1 Place cauliflower florets in a food processor; pulse into grains the size of rice.
- 2 Combine hot water and saffron threads in a small bowl; let stand for 3 minutes to infuse.
- 3 Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a paella pan over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini and onion; cook for 3 minutes. Add saffron infusion, carrot, garlic, and cayenne pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- 4 Stir cauliflower "rice" and artichokes into the pan. Cook and stir until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in stock; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until most of the stock is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in snow peas; simmer until all stock is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- 5 Remove paella from the heat and drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on top.
- Calories 427.3
- Carbohydrate 32 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Fat 26.9 g
- Fiber 10.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Sodium 2195.6 mg
- Sugar 9 g