A new way to make mashed potatoes that is creamy and smooth!
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, or to taste
- ½ cup hot milk
- ¼ cup softened butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes; drain.
- 2 Meanwhile, puree the artichokes and garlic with the milk until smooth.
- 3 Place drained potatoes in a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in softened butter and artichoke puree until the butter has melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Calories 306.1
- Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Cholesterol 22 mg
- Fat 8.3 g
- Fiber 8 g
- Protein 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Sodium 507.8 mg
- Sugar 2.9 g