This is just a quick salad I came up with from leftovers and loved! I liked the way the arugula paired with the bacon and squash. Add a baguette or a bagel, and it’s a great lunch all on it’s own! Dress with balsamic vinaigrette or simply oil and vinegar. Feta cheese can be used for the goat cheese, if you prefer.
- 1 slice bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 mushrooms, sliced (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup cooked butternut squash cubes
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until some of the fat renders into the pan, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir together until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir squash cubes into the bacon mixture; continue cooking until the squash is hot and the bacon crisp, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- 2 Put arugula in a bowl; top with bacon, mushroom, and squash mixture. Sprinkle goat cheese over the salad and top with pine nuts. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
- Calories 210.8
- Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Fat 14.1 g
- Fiber 2.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Sodium 368 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.