- Published Jun 19th
Asparagus, Avocado and Slow-Roasted Tomato Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Asparagus, Avocado and Slow-Roasted Tomato Salad for 8 servings:
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (green onions), green part only
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 ripe Avocados from Mexico, halved and pitted
Asparagus, Avocado and Slow-Roasted Tomato Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Asparagus, Avocado and Slow-Roasted Tomato Salad easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Core and cut tomatoes in quarters lengthwise; squeeze out seeds. Place, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- 3 In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the garlic, thyme, 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Roast, turning occasionally, until very soft and shriveled, about 2 and a half hours; set aside.
- 4 Meanwhile, cut asparagus into thirds crosswise. Cook asparagus in 1 inch of lightly salted water until bright green and firm, 3 to 5 minutes; rinse with cold water; drain well. In small bowl, toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the scallions; set aside.
- 5 To prepare dressing: In small bowl, stir remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside. To serve: With a large spoon, scoop Avocado from shells; cut each half into 8 slices lengthwise. On each of 8 salad plates, place asparagus and tomatoes in rows; top with Avocado slices. Stir dressing; drizzle over salads.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 19.3 grams of fat; 8.1 grams of carbohydrates; 2.5 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 80 milligrams of sodium.