My dad loves apple pie and always says that no one has ever come close to his mom’s pie…until now!
- 7 tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 2 recipes unbaked pie shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Cut the apples into 1/4 inch slices.
- 3 In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, flour, nutmeg (or apple pie spice), and salt; mix thoroughly. Pour the spice mix over the apples and stir until the apples are coated.
- 4 Line one crust in a 9 inch deep dish pie pan. Place the apples in the pie crust. Dot the apple filling evenly with butter. Fit the top crust over the apples. Press the crust down gently and cut 3 or 4 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape while the pie bakes
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Check the pie after the first 30 minutes of cooking: if the crust is already browned reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) to allow the apples to cook without the crust burning.
- Calories 615.7
- Carbohydrate 84 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Fat 30 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Sodium 569.1 mg
- Sugar 36.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.