- Published Sep 1st
- Ready In1h
Aunt Eileen’s Stuffed Eggplant Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Aunt Eileen’s Stuffed Eggplant for 4 servings:
- 2 (1 pound) eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 12 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Aunt Eileen’s Stuffed Eggplant Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Aunt Eileen’s Stuffed Eggplant, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Aunt Eileen’s Stuffed Eggplant is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Aunt Eileen’s Stuffed Eggplant within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Aunt Eileen’s Stuffed Eggplant easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut eggplant in half, scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/2 inch shell. Chop the flesh finely.
- 2 Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chopped eggplant for about 1 minute. Stir in onion, garlic, and parsley, and cook until tender. Transfer to a large bowl, and mix in bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Gruyere, chopped olives, capers, and lemon juice. Season with basil, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stuff into eggplant shells.
- 3 Top stuffed eggplants with overlapping slices of tomato. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, and drizzle with remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Place on baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 418 calories; 28.9 grams of fat; 34.2 grams of carbohydrates; 12.5 grams of protein; 22 milligrams of cholesterol; 900 milligrams of sodium.