- Published Sep 2nd
- Ready In1h 15m
Aunt Mary’s Eggplant Balls Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Aunt Mary’s Eggplant Balls for 6 servings:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cubed eggplant, with peel
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
Aunt Mary’s Eggplant Balls Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Aunt Mary’s Eggplant Balls, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Aunt Mary’s Eggplant Balls is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Aunt Mary’s Eggplant Balls within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Aunt Mary’s Eggplant Balls easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- 2 Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Pour in olive oil and saute garlic just until lightly browned. Mix in eggplant and water. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Allow eggplant to steam until soft, about 20 minutes. Place eggplant in a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- 3 Mix cheese, parsley, eggs, and bread crumbs into eggplant. Stir with a wooden spoon or your hands until ingredients are thoroughly combined and mixture can be rolled into balls. Add more bread crumbs as needed to make mixture workable. Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes, then roll into balls or form into patties.
- 4 Place eggplant balls on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 201 calories; 12.1 grams of fat; 16.1 grams of carbohydrates; 7.7 grams of protein; 54 milligrams of cholesterol; 257 milligrams of sodium.