- Published Feb 15th
- Ready In6h 10m
Auntie Anita’s Lobster Stew Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Auntie Anita’s Lobster Stew for 4 servings:
- 2 (1 pound) Maine lobsters
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 quart whole milk
Auntie Anita’s Lobster Stew Cooking Instructions
- Ready In6h 10m
To cook Auntie Anita’s Lobster Stew, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Auntie Anita’s Lobster Stew is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Auntie Anita’s Lobster Stew within 6 hours 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Auntie Anita’s Lobster Stew easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the lobsters; boil until the lobsters turn bright red and the claws are easily pulled off, 12 to 14 minutes. Once done, remove with a pair of tongs, and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
- 2 Split the lobsters in half lengthwise. Remove and reserve the green tomalley (liver), the red coral (eggs), and the thick white substance from inside the claws. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the reserved tomalley and coral. Cook and stir for 8 minutes, breaking up the tomalley.
- 3 Remove the meat from the claws and tail. Remove the black vein from the tail, cut the meat into bite sized pieces, and add to the tomalley. Reduce the heat to low; cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour the milk into the saucepan a trickle at a time, stirring constantly, until the stew is thick, hot, and has blossomed into a rich salmon color.
- 4 Place the stew in the refrigerator, and let stand 5 to 6 hours. This is one off the secrets of truly fine flavor. It's called aging. Once the stew has aged, return to the stove over medium-low heat, and cook until hot. You do not need salt or pepper when the stew is prepared in this manner.
Per Serving: 554 calories; 33 grams of fat; 12.2 grams of carbohydrates; 50.8 grams of protein; 301 milligrams of cholesterol; 933 milligrams of sodium.