Flour, eggs, salt: that’s all you need to make fresh pasta at home. This is the simplest and most authentic Italian recipe you’ll find to make homemade pasta like lasagna, ravioli, tagliatelle, tortellini… you name it! The best part is you don’t even need a pasta machine if you don’t have one!
- 2 ¼ cups Italian-style tipo 00 flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Place flour on a marble or wooden work surface. Make a well in the center and crack in eggs; add salt. Gently beat eggs using a fork, incorporating the surrounding flour, until mixture is runny. Pull remaining flour into the center using a bench scraper, incorporating it until dough forms a ball.
- 2 Knead dough with your hands by flattening the ball, stretching it, and folding the top towards the center. Turn 45 degrees and repeat until dough is soft and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- 3 Shape dough into a ball. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4 Roll out the dough with a pasta machine or with a rolling pin and cut into your favorite pasta.
- Calories 297.3
- Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Cholesterol 139.5 mg
- Fat 4.8 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 92.6 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.