Sweet and moist Mexican corn bread. This is how it’s made in Mexican homes and served as an appetizer or dessert.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (such as La Lechera®)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 ½ cups cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Grease and flour a 2-quart baking dish.
- 3 Whisk sweetened condensed milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir in whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, and butter.
- 4 Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; stir cornmeal mixture into the corn mixture.
- 5 Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- 6 Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories 448.4
- Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Fat 14 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Sodium 941.3 mg
- Sugar 30.3 g