There are as many meatball recipes as there are meatball lovers. This authentic Swedish recipe results in delicious, juicy meatballs with a good and creamy taste. Serve with mashed potatoes, lingonberries, and a cream sauce!
- 1 ⅓ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 8 teaspoons potato flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Mix cream, oats, potato flour, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature to allow oats to absorb the liquid; paste should have the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- 3 Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until softened but still pale, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onions to the oat paste and mix well. And ground beef and allspice; mix just until combined, 30 to 45 seconds.
- 4 Oil your hands and roll mixture into meatballs of desired size, ideally smaller than a golf ball. Place meatballs on a sheet pan.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are hot, about 10 minutes. Let cool briefly.
- 6 Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Cook and stir meatballs, about 10 at a time, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Calories 418.9
- Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.2 mg
- Fat 36.6 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Sodium 368.7 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g