This is a fun version of nachos, using waffle fries instead of tortilla chips. Every year at our annual St. Patrick’s Day party, this is the first appetizer to go!
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen waffle fries
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup sliced jalapeno peppers
- 3 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons guacamole, or to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 2 Arrange waffle fries in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until light golden in color, 12 to 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain excess grease. Stir in taco seasoning and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 5 Transfer baked fries to a 9x13-inch baking pan. Spread ground beef evenly over fries. Cover beef with cheese.
- 6 Return to the oven until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- 7 Remove from the oven and garnish with tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, and lettuce. Dollop sour cream and guacamole on top.
- Calories 349.1
- Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Fat 23 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Sodium 758.4 mg
- Sugar 1.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.