- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In4h 30m
I call this my ‘famous Seamus’ pot roast because my tiny Siamese cat, Seamus, sat in the kitchen the entire time this pot roast was cooking. I’ve been making this recipe for 40+ years and I just throw the ingredients together; it’s very forgiving. My son-in-law also says it’s the best thing he ever ate. When boys hang around the oven, it can’t be bad.
Awesome Red Wine Pot Roast Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Awesome Red Wine Pot Roast for 12 servings:
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 red potatoes, washed and halved
- 6 carrot, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 8 pearl onions, peeled and halved
Awesome Red Wine Pot Roast Cooking Instructions
- Cook4h 15m
- Ready In4h 30m
To cook Awesome Red Wine Pot Roast, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Awesome Red Wine Pot Roast is about 4 hours 15 minutes , and you can serve your Awesome Red Wine Pot Roast within 4 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Awesome Red Wine Pot Roast easily:
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Sprinkle the roast evenly with the flour and set aside. Heat the canola oil in an oven-proof Dutch oven with lid over medium-high heat. Brown the roast on all sides, about 10 minutes total; remove from the heat. Pour in the water and wine. Sprinkle with the basil, marjoram, thyme, salt, and pepper. Arrange the onion slices on the roast.
- 3 Replace the cover and bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours. Add the potatoes, carrots, and pearl onions. Pour in additional water if the roast looks dry. Continue baking covered until the roast pulls apart easily with a fork, about 1 hour longer.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 243 calories; 15.2 grams of fat; 10.1 grams of carbohydrates; 14.3 grams of protein; 52 milligrams of cholesterol; 254 milligrams of sodium.