This is my favorite version of green bean casserole. I never make a meatloaf without this on the side. It would just seem wrong! I’ll always make this size of casserole because we have no problem eating the leftovers…when there are any! Enjoy!
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¾ teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- ¾ (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans green beans (such as Del Monte® Fresh Cut®), drained
- ¼ (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels; break into 1-inch pieces.
- 3 Stir milk and cream of mushroom soup together in a large bowl. Add almonds, garlic pepper, and 3/4 can French-fried onion; stir to combine. Fold green beans carefully into mixture. Pour into a 9x9-inch ceramic or glass baking dish.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and bubbling, about 20 minutes. Top with remaining 1/4 can French-fried onions; bake until onions are lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Calories 277.5
- Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Fat 18.1 g
- Fiber 4.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Sodium 1139.2 mg
- Sugar 3.9 g