Asparagus, bacon and goat cheese top this intriguing pizza. A unique combination of ingredients that are sure to get your taste buds in gear!
- 5 thick slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 unbaked pizza crust
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) log fresh chevre (goat cheese)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes to release most of the grease, but do not cook until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 3 Spread the pizza crust out on a pizza pan or large baking sheet. Top with mozzarella cheese, bacon pieces, asparagus, and tomatoes. Dot with goat cheese, then season with red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- 4 Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the crust is golden brown underneath when you lift it up to take a peek. Let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories 428.7
- Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Fat 25.2 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Sodium 968.3 mg
- Sugar 3.8 g