In 2011 I attended the ‘Chefs of the Coast’ cook-off where 4 chefs battled it out cooking their own personal recipe using Four Roses Bourbon®. I thought that I could absolutely make a burger worthy of the Four Roses name and this is it. It’s a savory burger that is seasoned to perfection and topped with bacon and other assorted toppings.
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (such as Four Roses®)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning®)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 slices cooked bacon, cut into halves
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 1 Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 2 Mix ground beef, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, steak seasoning, and garlic salt in a bowl; divide and shape into 2 patties.
- 3 Cook on the preheated grill for about 5 minutes; turn, top each burger with bacon and Cheddar cheese, and continue cooking until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes more for well done. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Serve on split buns topped with tomato and lettuce.
- Calories 555
- Carbohydrate 30 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Fat 29.2 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Sodium 2123.5 mg
- Sugar 5.9 g