The melted cheese and bacon make these irresistible! These mushrooms are simple and delicious! Add some of your diced favorites! Omit bacon for vegetarian version.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh white mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 pitted black olives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon oil-packed minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 slices Swiss-flavored American cheese, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon slices to paper towels, reserving bacon drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon when cooled.
- 3 Remove stems from mushrooms and set stems aside. Place mushrooms, hollow sides up, on a baking sheet; brush the insides with melted butter.
- 4 Chop mushroom stems; cook and stir chopped stems, black olives, green onion, and crumbled bacon in the bacon drippings over medium heat until mushroom stems release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; stir to coat.
- 5 Tilt the skillet slightly; move vegetable-bacon mixture to one side, allowing the bacon drippings to pool to the other side. Whisk flour into bacon drippings until smooth and paste-like; slowly stir in milk until gravy is smooth. Mix vegetable-bacon mixture into the gravy. Add American cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cheeses melt, about 5 minutes. Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until mushrooms are tender and filling is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove mushrooms from baking sheet and cool on platter for 2 minutes before serving.
- Calories 258.1
- Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Fat 22.1 g
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Protein 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Sodium 769.8 mg
- Sugar 2.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.