- Published Jun 4th
- Ready In2h
Bacon-Wrapped Buffalo Meatloaf Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Bacon-Wrapped Buffalo Meatloaf for 6 servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh poblano pepper, chopped (optional)
- 4 button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds ground buffalo
- 7 slices thick-cut bacon, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
Bacon-Wrapped Buffalo Meatloaf Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 10m
- Ready In2h
To cook Bacon-Wrapped Buffalo Meatloaf, you need about 40 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Bacon-Wrapped Buffalo Meatloaf is about 1 hour 10 minutes , and you can serve your Bacon-Wrapped Buffalo Meatloaf within 2 hours . The following are the steps to cook Bacon-Wrapped Buffalo Meatloaf easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2 Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-heat. Cook and stir chopped bacon in hot butter until almost crisp, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Pulse onion, carrot, celery, red bell pepper, poblano pepper, mushrooms, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add vegetable mixture and rosemary to bacon in the skillet; cook and stir until vegetables soften and sweeten, about 5 minutes.
- 4 Mix vegetable mixture, bread crumbs, and milk together in a bowl. Let cool to room temperature. Stir egg, salt, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into vegetable mixture. Add buffalo meat to vegetable mixture and mix with your hands until well-blended.
- 5 Turn meat mixture out into prepared baking dish and shape into a 9x5x3-inch meatloaf. Lay bacon strips crosswise over the top of the meatloaf, tucking in ends of bacon under the loaf.
- 6 Whisk rice vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard together in a bowl until glaze is smooth.
- 7 Bake meatloaf in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Brush glaze over loaf and continue baking until no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 155 degrees F (68 degrees C). Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary for the 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, if desired.
- To check for seasoning: once everything is mixed, fry a small piece of the meatloaf mixture and taste. Adjust, if necessary, and recheck.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 13.6 grams of fat; 19.3 grams of carbohydrates; 35.8 grams of protein; 135 milligrams of cholesterol; 1239 milligrams of sodium.