A zesty, flavorful take on an old favorite. Very easy to make in about an hour’s time! You could also top with diced jalapeno peppers, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 4 slices bacon, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more as needed
- ½ medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Combine brown sugar, jerk seasoning, paprika, thyme, oregano, seafood seasoning, and crushed red pepper in a bowl; rub generously all over the tenderloin. Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks. Coat lightly with oil and place in a loaf pan or casserole dish. Sprinkle any remaining spice rub on top, cover with some diced onion, and surround with remaining onion.
- 3 Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, 45 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Calories 268.4
- Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Fat 11 g
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Protein 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Sodium 996.6 mg
- Sugar 8.2 g