This small roast gets the star treatment with an apple and onion stuffing, and it’s rolled up in bacon, for even more flavor. Perfect for a weeknight dinner because it bakes in about 20 minutes with a short resting time. We liked this with steamed broccoli and home fries.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) pork tenderloin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ medium Fuji apple - peeled, cored, and cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 9 slices bacon
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Stir together mustard and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- 3 Pat pork tenderloin dry. Without cutting all the way through, slice the tenderloin lengthwise and open like a book. Spread mustard mixture evenly over the inside and outside of the tenderloin, then season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Place apple slices on one side of the tenderloin. Spread onions on top of the apples and sprinkle with thyme. Close the tenderloin, tucking apples and onions inside.
- 5 Line up bacon slices in a rectangle shape on a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, with each piece overlapping slightly. Place the stuffed tenderloin across the top ends of the bacon. Use the foil to lift the tenderloin and start to roll it like a jellyroll until it's completely wrapped with bacon.
- 6 Secure both ends of the tenderloin and each bacon slice with a wooden toothpick. Use the foil to lift the tenderloin into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Spread out the foil to protect the pan from drippings.
- 7 Cook in the preheated oven until slightly pink in the center, about 20 minutes, turning halfway through. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- 8 Remove from the oven and let rest until internal temperature has risen to 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), 5 to 10 minutes.
- Calories 486.1
- Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 135.1 mg
- Fat 33.4 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Sodium 693.1 mg
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.