This recipe found me about a year ago and I have absolutely loved it ever since! Given its ingredients I was surprised to find it seems to be a hit no matter where it’s served.
- 12 slices center-cut bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 24 frozen bite-sized potato nuggets (such as Tater Tots®), partially defrosted
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese, each cut into 6 small pieces
- 24 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®), or to taste
- 24 toothpicks
- 1 Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Lay each slice of bacon onto a work surface and place a potato nugget in the center of each bacon slice. Cut a slit down the center of each potato nugget and place a Cheddar cheese piece into the slit. Top each nugget with a dash of hot sauce. Wrap bacon around each filled potato nugget and secure the bacon to the nugget with a toothpick. Transfer the wrapped nuggets to the prepared baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until nuggets are cooked through and bacon is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 224.5
- Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 40 mg
- Fat 16.6 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7 g
- Sodium 761.3 mg
- Sugar 0.3 g