- Published Sep 6th
- Ready In50m
Baked Avocado Tacos Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Baked Avocado Tacos for 8 servings:
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 avocados - peeled and cut into 8 pieces each
- 16 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cabbage, divided
- 32 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup taco sauce, divided (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream, divided (optional)
Baked Avocado Tacos Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Baked Avocado Tacos, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Baked Avocado Tacos is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Baked Avocado Tacos within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Baked Avocado Tacos easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2 Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3 Whisk flour, chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- 4 Beat milk, eggs, and garlic together in a separate bowl until smooth.
- 5 Dip each slice of avocado into flour mixture. Dip the avocado slice into the egg mixture, letting the excess egg drip back into the egg bowl, then dip the slice back into flour mixture. Repeat with remaining avocado slices.
- 6 Arrange coated avocado slices in the prepared baking dish. Spray the tops of the slices with more cooking spray.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven until the coating is browned, about 20 minutes. Check for doneness after 15 minutes; rotate the pan once during baking if slices are browning unevenly.
- 8 Stack corn tortillas on a microwave-safe dish with a piece of parchment paper between each tortilla. Heat in the microwave until hot and pliable, about 1 minute.
- 9 Place a heated tortilla onto a work surface; top with chopped cabbage. Place an avocado slice on the cabbage; top taco with cherry tomato halves and shredded Cheddar cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 10 For extra flavor, top each taco with a dollop of taco sauce and sour cream.
- Cook's Note:
- If your corn tortillas are large, go ahead and use two pieces of avocado per taco. Just cut back on the overall amount of corn tortillas by half.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 414 calories; 15.5 grams of fat; 59.5 grams of carbohydrates; 12.9 grams of protein; 60 milligrams of cholesterol; 511 milligrams of sodium.