This makes a great breakfast entree or a nice side dish. Most people will not know they are eating cauliflower.
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (6 ounce) can chopped olives
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3 Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in hot oil until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4 Transfer onion to a large bowl; add cauliflower, mushrooms, chiles, and olives.
- 5 Beat eggs with flour in a separate bowl. Stir cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, salt, and black pepper into egg and flour mixture.
- 6 Combine egg and cheese mixture with the vegetable mixture until well mixed.
- 7 Spread cauliflower mixture into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 8 Bake in the preheated oven until cauliflower is tender and bread crumbs are lightly browned on top, about 1 hour.
- Calories 383.5
- Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 192.5 mg
- Fat 25 g
- Fiber 3.8 g
- Protein 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Sodium 1204.5 mg
- Sugar 4.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.