This is less a version of the traditional ‘chicken marsala,’ than a chicken casserole with Marsala wine in it. Serve with mashed potatoes or wide egg noodles.
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 3 (10.75 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in butter until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Stir cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and Marsala wine together in a large bowl. Stir mushroom mixture into soup mixture.
- 4 Spread chicken pieces into prepared baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Pour soup mixture over the chicken and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 90 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Calories 532.7
- Carbohydrate 19 g
- Cholesterol 151.2 mg
- Fat 22.4 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 51 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Sodium 1720.8 mg
- Sugar 6.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.