Baked garlic and lime chicken topped with a fresh plum tomato salsa. This would be great with your favorite rice or even a side of black beans. Top with sour cream and/or chopped avocado for added freshness and flavor.
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch garlic pepper seasoning, or to taste
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Combine mustard, mayonnaise, garlic, and zest and juice of 1 lime in a large bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle chicken drumsticks and thighs with salt and garlic pepper. Add chicken to the bowl and coat well. Place chicken into a baking dish.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear, about 40 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Season with salt and juice of 1 lime.
- 5 Remove chicken from the oven and serve with pan juices and a generous portion of salsa on top. Garnish with parsley.
- Calories 244.3
- Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Fat 13.7 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Sodium 284.7 mg
- Sugar 1.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.